What's Goin' On

Three more interesting gigs this time around, and each one different. What started off as simple script consulting for Cutting Room TV morphed into an associate producer position when I helped them secure a shooting location at the Andy Dick Theatre of the iO West in Hollywood. Now there's a rumor of an on-camera part in it for me...


Lola as Alex
Still from the set of actor demo reel shoot

Speaking of acting, I had another gig as director of photography on a scene for an actor's demo reel. The difference between being a DP and just an ordinary camera operator is that everyone waits for me instead of the other way around. On a "film" shoot (we used the Canon GL2), everything is all about the camera whereas on live events, the camera (operator) is a witness to the action.


Not that there's anything wrong with that. As a witness, I get to see and hear things most people don't (or at least have to pay for). A perfect example of that is another informational seminar I shot, this time for Adam Urbanski and Marketing Mentors. Too bad I wasn't able to take notes, but there's always the videotapes.

More blogs at MultimediaJones.com

No comments: